DAP-PKR to form new govt
DAP will form the new government in Penang with Parti Keadilan Rakyat. The party’s secretary-general Lim Guan Eng was set to be the new chief minister, his political secretary Ng Wei Aik told the New Straits Times. “DAP will form the new state government after winning all 19 seats it contested.” As of 11.3Opm, unofficial results in Penang are that Parti Keadilan Rakyat won Pantai Jerejak (Sim Tze Tzm), Kebun Bunga (Ong Khan Lee), Bukit Tengah (Ong Chin Wen ), Bukit Tambun (Law Choo Kiang). Batu Uban (V.S. Raveenthran) and Pulau Betong (Mansor Othman).
Pas incumbent Mohd Hamdan Abdul Rahman retained the Permatang Pasi seat.
Transition of power will be smooth, says Gerakan
Gerakan has assured the Democratic Action Party that the transition of power will be a smooth one. The DAP won a majority of the seats in the state assembly. Gerakan acting president Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon called Penang DAP chairman Chow Kon Yeow to concede defeat, the New Straits Times was told. “Koh has assured Chow that the transition of power to the DAP will be a smooth one,” DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng’s political secretary Ng Wei Aik said.
BORNEO TODAY INDEX
- ► April (107)
- SUNDAY-9TH MARCH 2008-MUSA LEADS STATE BN TO REPEA...
- SUNDAY-9TH MARCH 2008-HISTORIC MILESTONE FOR UPKO ...
- SUNDAY-9TH MARCH 2008-YEE SURVIVES SCARE; LIEW ACC...
- SUNDAY-9TH MARCH 2008- BN LEADS WITH 51 SEATS IN J...
- SUNDAY-9TH MARCH 2008- NEGRI MCA LOSES FIVE SEATS
- SUNDAY-9TH MARCH 2008- DAP WINS BANDAR KUCHING
- SUNDAY-9TH MARCH 2008- CHINESE VENT THEIR FRUSTRAT...
- SUNDAY-9TH MARCH 2008- BARISAN NASIONAL TAKES PERL...
- SUNDAY-9TH DAY OF MARCH 2008-BN RETAINS MALACCA
- SUNDAY-9TH DAY OF MARCH-DAP-PKR TO FORM NEW GOVT
- SUNDAY-9TH MARCH 2008- BN LOSS IN PENANG NOT UNEXP...
- SUNDAY-9TH MARCH 2008-LIM GUAN ENG -PENANG CHIEF M...
- SUNDAY-9TH MARCH 2008-PM ACCEPTS STATE DEFEATS
- SUNDAY-9TH MARCH 2008-NURUL SILENT ON VACATING SEA...
- SUNDAY-9TH MARCH 2008-NEWLY ELECTED KK MP-DAP DR H...
- SUNDAY-9TH DAY OF MARCH 2008-BN WINS SIMPLE MAJORI...
- ▼ Mar 09 (16)